Dear Patients and Families of Copper Canyon Dentistry,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
We thank you for your patience over this period of time and are happy to announce that the offices are opening up for routine periodontal treatment and preventive care starting
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have noticed this during your previous visits to our office. As we prepare to reopen we enhanced our infection control processes to make your visits with us both safe and comfortable. As COVID-19 continues to spread, we want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). As these agencies have and continue to issue new rulings and guidelines, we update our office policies and procedures. We have always prided ourselves on maintaining exemplary infection control standards that meet and exceed the guidelines set out for us by the ADA, CDC, and OSHA. And in that light, in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures, you may notice we have implemented new protocols to help keep our patients, staff, and community safe.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you.
- Communication with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces, maintaining social distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the office.
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the office.
- We will ask that you wear a mask in to the office.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Introduce an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs
- Require all team members to undergo periodic testing for COVID-19 and antibodies for the earliest detection of exposure should it exist.
- Record the temperature of every patient and visitor upon entering the office.
- Record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at the beginning and end of the work period.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with HEPA-13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the office.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Providing teledentistry services for follow-ups or communication that can be done online or through video education.
- Providing more educational materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic along with disease testing recommendations for exposure detection to viruses.
Copper Canyon Dentistry has continued and will continue to see emergent and urgent cases during each Phase of the reopening, and we will always make ourselves available to address all of your oral health care questions and needs.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call or text our office at (661) 775-8822.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Samarrai and the Copper Canyon Dentistry Team
Call us to schedule an appointment today at 661-270-7732!