A common dental bridge is an artificial replacement for a missing tooth. Dental bridges in Valencia are offered in different materials and finishes to treat different types of tooth loss and serve specific tastes and preferences.
Here are some of the benefits of dental bridges:
- They fix your smile
- They restore the shape of your face
- They create more chewing surface for well-distributed bite pressure
- They restore your ability to bite and chew
- They correct speech difficulties
What Are the Types of Dental Bridges Available for You?
- Traditional Bridges: Traditional bridges use the help of crowns to gain support and stay in place. They are usually made of porcelain and metal and are arguably the most popular type of dental bridges. Traditional bridges can only be safely fixed if the teeth on either side of the gap are strong and can withstand reshaping.
- Maryland Bonded Bridges: These are also known as resin-bonded bridges. They attach to adjacent teeth using metal or porcelain wings. Maryland bonded bridges have the edge on traditional bridges in that they do not require reshaping of adjacent teeth to fit in.
- Cantilever Bridges: These work in the same way as traditional bridges but, instead of two, use only one adjacent tooth for support. They are workable in cases where only one side of the gap has an adjacent tooth, or in cases involving front teeth, where the use of crowns may be aesthetically undesirable. The treatment is not recommended for back teeth as the high bite pressure on the bridge may exert too much stress on the supporting tooth causing it to crack, break or rock gradually out of position.
Learn More About the Types of Dental Bridges
Copper Canyon Dentistry offers dental bridges, dental implants and several other forms of tooth replacement in Valencia. Call us at (661) 270-7732 today to know more about our services and schedule an appointment with one of our specialists.