Meet The Doctor
Dr. Mark A. Poitras
“Our practice is founded on the concept of giving. Giving extra time and attention to each patient. Giving compassion and comfort to those who have avoided visiting the dentist out of fear. In fact, taking the pain and fear out of visiting the dentist has been one of my missions. And now, having mastered the techniques of sedation dentistry, I can give an extra measure of reassurance to those who need it most.”
“There are so many misconceptions about dental care, and a lot of patients have outdated ideas about what is available to them. I like to help educate my patients about all of their options.
Thanks to advances in sedation dentistry, there are so many ways to quickly and painlessly improve the health and appearance of one’s smile. Missing teeth can be replaced by implants, discolored teeth can be whitened, teeth that have drifted out of alignment can be repositioned, and metal fillings and crowns can be replaced with tooth-colored restorations. There has never been so much technology and so many techniques available to help preserve the health, beauty and function of people’s teeth.”
Serving Others through Dentistry
You can rest assured that you’ll receive the personalized attetion you deserve. As your dentist I’ll listen to your needs and answer all of your questions. Plus, you’ll enjoy our friendly, caring team.
As a graduate of the Center for Advanced Dental Learning, I share my own knowledge and experience with other dentists, helping provide their patients with outstanding clinical procedures in a patient-friendly environment. Giving to the caregivers: a great way to help so many.
A Strong Educational Background
My education is ongoing–especially in full mouth reconstruction. These days, dental procedures, techniques, and materials are changing so rapidly that Continuing Education is essential to my professional development. My patients deserve no less.
Active in Professional Organizations
Professional group memberships are another way I work to keep current on new developments in dentistry. These memberships, together with board certifications, demonstrate that I have met standards set by leaders in the field of dentistry.
- DDS, University of California, San Francisco, CA
- UCLA Undergraduate Studies
- Kois Center for Advanced Dental Learning
- Comprehensive Esthetic Restorative Continuum, Baylor University, Dallas, TX
- Kovitz Denture Academy
- Misch International Implant Institute
- Invisalign®-Certified & Preferred
- Distinguished Mentor, Kois Center for Advanced Dental Learning
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Fellow International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Board Certified-Oral Conscious Sedation